Friday, August 24, 2007

Day +415 : Movie theatre is infectious?

I am fine today.

After watching the film Ratatouille, I coughed with phlegm stained with blood the next morning. And this was not an isolated case as I also coughed bloody phlegm after I enjoyed my first movie, “Transformer”, post bone marrow transplant.

Could this be another side effect of bone marrow transplant?

Due to medication, I am very susceptible to infection. My wife and I were wondering if my lung was infected by bacteria through the “dirty” air in the movie theatre. However, this might not the case as my daughter Adriel was having fever and throat infection on both occasions. Since I took care of her a lot, I might simply get the infection through her.

This will not stop me from watching movie in the movie theatre. I will carry out an experiment with the hypothesis that “movie theatre is infectious”. I need to make sure that everyone at home, including me, is in good health before I go for the next movie. If I still cough phlegm with blood after that, I can only be sure that the movie theatre is not the right place for me.

I hope the result of the experiment would be negative; else I would have to limit my fun to purchasing movie tickets for my family members, but not watching movie with them :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: