Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day +419 : Who says traffic jam is not good?

I am fine today.

A church member of mine visited the Christian Book Fair three times (Day +507) and spent about RM2000 on books and audio visual materials.

He said he already go through most of the audio visual materials. The reason that he could do it so fast is because he has to spend hours on the road everyday, beating the traffic jams to office. The best thing to do to cheer him up while getting caught in a traffic jam is to indulge himself in listening to CDs. And of course, his life will be enriched with the materials that he listens. So the traffic jam is a blessing in disguise to him :-)

In contrast, my office is within walking distance from my house, but I still haven’t got a chance to touch most of the materials that I had purchased from the Book Fair. It is so difficult to find a quiet reading time with so many children around at home :-)

How I wish I could experience some traffic jam too so that I can go through the materials that I had purchased :-)

See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

I have a very good suggest if you cannot ‘meet’ traffic jam.
‘Pretend’ very hard working – work overtime or come very early to office.
If you spend 1 hour extra before or after work at office, sure you have ‘personal time’.
I think this suggestion can work. Please try.

Brother
Kuok Chai

Allan Lee said...

Hi David, I do share the same sentiment as you. I am still trying to adjust my timing gradually. I tried to sleep very early, the same time Zach goes to sleep, and wake up very early( earlier than him sometimes). The benefits are 3-fold: I get quiet time, if I go online the speed very fast, and thirdly I felt I have more free time of the day :)

But..but ..but .. it's very hard to sleep that early though, the body just don't take it, like what I am now -> got out from bed after lying down for about half hour :(

David said...

Hi Kuok Chai,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to do it :-)

Allan, I do want to sleep early, and I can do it perfectly well, but the problem is the children dont want to sleep early. Most of the time, they sleep later than me especially the little Aaron, he would play himself in the bed room and we don't even know if he fall asleep.