Monday, August 27, 2007

Day +418 : Children homework = parent’s homework

I am fine today.

Yesterday was last day of school break. My wife and I thought that we could have a good rest before the school start today.

In the evening, Daniel issued a SOS signal because he forgot to do his 21 pages holiday project and he needs to pass it up today :-(

My wife and I together with Daniel worked until 11:30pm to complete the project. An expected relaxing night turned out an anxious and laborious night :-(

When I was young, nobody cared about my homework, but I managed to complete all the homework on time. Now we cared too much about our children homework, but they failed to complete the homework on time.

We like to make their life difficult by taking our children homework as our own homework. I wonder why we should do this.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sir,

Same with me. My parent seldom ask for our homework and the only time that my mum help me to do homework is when I was sicked and the homework is an art work.

Is that mean nowadays, we didn't realize what role that we should play?

from
szu kiak

David said...

Hi Szu KiaK,

May be. We like their homework too much :-)

David