Thursday, August 02, 2007

Day +393 : This time, the question, not the answer, is out of topic

I am fine today.

Yesterday afternoon, when my wife and Daniel were walking into the house coming back from school, I saw Daniel talked to my wife in a very angry tone. I wondered what irritated him so much.

My wife told me later that he was complaining that the Chinese test paper was out of topic. He said that one of the questions carried the word “老铁马(Old Iron Horse?)” which teacher never taught before. My wife told him that “老铁马” simply means bicycle.

One of his classmates reported to my wife that Daniel scolded the teacher because of “老铁马” :-( I don’t think he dares to confront the teacher face to face, he must be complaining his teacher among his classmates when the teacher was not around. When my wife questioned him about this matter on the journey back from school, he became angry again.

Daniel is a 10 year-old boy who is studying primary four. He is very hot tempered and started to be rebellious recently :-( At home, he scolds me more than anybody else because I am the one who forces him to do homework and study. Most of the time, I tolerate his unreasonable act; in an attempt to let him releases his angriness and dissatisfaction. However, if the situation turns to a point beyond my tolerance, I just flash the “rotan (cane)”, and this turns him into a good boy instantly.

Who says “rotan” is not good?

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

哈哈。我的母亲时常用rotan的以前。所以我能够明白这种感受。