Thursday, December 14, 2006

Day +162

I am fine today. Daniel started to have fever today while Joseph just recovered from fever a few days ago. It looks like the infection spread from Joseph to Daniel. Hopefully, Adriel and Aaron will escape from infection this time.

During last few follow-up, I met a patient in his late 20s from Tanjung Sepak who did his bone marrow transplant more than 5 years ago. He was diagnosed with Leukaemia while studying medicine in China. Then he came back from China to do chemotherapy in UH. Not long after that, he experienced a relapse and then went for bone marrow transplant.

Unfortunately, he suffered from chronic GVHD which makes him gasp even after some very little work such as walking. I realized that he is even unable to talk while walking. Because of GVHD, he still needs to do follow-up once a fortnight. So I met him every follow-up now.

His father is a fisherman who owns a fishing boat. Every evening he goes to the sea to catch fish and then comes back the next morning. I told him when I am getting better, I will go to Tanjung Sepak to follow his father to fish in the sea. He gladly accepted my suggestion. (Don’t know whether his father will allow me to go or not) He also promised to ‘belanja’ (treat) me fresh seafood steamboat :-) At the same time, I will also get good supply of super-fresh seafood :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: