Sunday, December 10, 2006

Day +158

I am fine. I attended church service this morning.

Continue from yesterday…

In order to identify the suitable donor fast enough so that I could continue transplant immediately after my fourth round of chemotherapy. We decided to do HLA typing for the rest of the sibling at once.

While I was doing my third round of chemotherapy, Sie Ling went to UH to draw blood sample for HLA typing. My eldest sister, Sie Huong is staying in Kuching, she sent the blood samples to UH for typing through courier service. My third brother who is staying in Bintulu came back to Sibu to draw blood samples together with the rest of my brothers and sisters who are staying in Sibu and Bintangor.

Richard went back to Sibu on the 23, February and brought the blood samples of 5 of my brothers and sisters to UH on the next day. In order to catch the 9:00am flight, the lab who took the blood sample opens at 7:00am. The amount of blood sample from each individual is about 75ml to 100ml. But to play safe, my eldest sister said it would be better to draw 150ml of blood sample from each one. Unfortunately, the lab did not have test tubes large enough to hold 150ml of blood. It only has test tube with 50ml capacity. So three test tubes of blood sample are needed and everyone ‘kena cucuk’ (get poked) three times that day :-(

In fact, there is a type of needle with a plastic tube connected to it that would allow multiple test tubes of blood sample to be drawn through a single poking. The lab there did not have this type of needle.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: