Friday, December 29, 2006

Day +177

My eyes condition worsens today. Both eyes become redder and turn sticky. And I also have the feeling that there is sand in my eyes.

I told my cell group members last night that I was using my wife’s eye drop. One of them quickly pointed out that it is not advisable to do this because the eye drop might be contaminated with bacteria. Sharing it might cause more problems to me. So I went to see doctor in a nearby clinic early this morning. I hope with the fresh eye drop and the eye ointment, my eyes condition will be improved very soon.

I purchased Christmas presents for Daniel, Joseph and Adriel at TESCO yesterday. I asked Daniel and Joseph to choose the presents that they want. Daniel wanted to have bicycle pump and Joseph selected the remote control car. You see, I, the servant have to always seek the approval of the bosses before buying presents for them, else they will be angry at me :-( I also chose a xylophone for Adriel.

Photo of the presents and apples. Click to get a larger view.


The bicycle pump worked very well. But to our disappointment, the remote control car is only half working :-( It managed to move forward most of the time but sometimes it just gave a very loud noise without any movement due to certain mechanical problems. And this was the problem, if it broke down totally I could just bring it to TESCO and demanded for a replacement. Now it worked intermittently. What if it worked perfectly when I show it to them? They might think that I am cheating :-( Finally, I got an idea. Why not ask the children to play the remote control car ‘fiercely’ until the problem becomes permanent? This would guarantee that it won’t work when I show it to them. And I tell you, it worked! Read carefully, not the car worked, but the idea worked :-) The problem became permanent.

I also discovered the 12 notes xylophone that I purchased for Adriel had a very soft and dull tone. It almost makes me sick and breathless listening to the tone.

What about the apples? Sigh! Eating this so called “4015 Red Delicious Washington Apple” is just like eating cotton :-( Not crispy at all.

So this afternoon, I brought the remote control car, xylophone and the apples to TESCO requesting for replacement. They agreed to replace the remote control car and the xylophone (I replaced it with a cheaper 8 notes xylophone which gives much brighter sound) but not the apples as their policy does not allow return of fresh product :-(

Now I have big headache, firstly because I lost money in buying this cotton-like apples which I hate most, secondly because I don’t know how to dispose these beautiful apples. If I simply throw them into the dustbin, my mother-in-law will definitely pick them up again. She is so thrifty (节俭) that sometimes she is even reluctant to throw away rotten foods, what more to say these fresh and beautiful looking apples? Sigh! Next time must be extra careful in buying apples.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Dennis Sek said...

David,

I notice that recently you have added a page element "View since (date)" and it seems to be a counter to the number of hits on your blog. Can you teach me how to do this? I am trying out blogging. Check out http://majorvsminor.blogspot.com

Please email me at dennis.sek@gmail.com . I would like to be able to email to you directly too.

Dennis Sek.

David said...

Dennis,

Yes, it is the total number of page refresh from all readers.

It is basically using a free web site statistic service at http://www.statcounter.com. Just register as a member and you not only could count the page reload, you would be able to see much more statistic regarding your site.

I will email you the detail. Happy blogging :-)

David