Saturday, December 09, 2006

Day +157

I am fine today. Now continue to talk about my pre-transplant preparation and struggle.

Everyone in my family were guessing who’s HLA would match mine. We put a lot of hope on my youngest brother, Richard and fourth sister, Sie Ling. All three of us are staying near to each other in Puchong, Selangor while the rest of my brothers and sisters are staying in Sarawak.

Richard and I did the HLA typing first on 20th and 23th January respectively while I was doing my second round of chemotherapy in UH. Our idea is that if his HLA match mine, the rest do not need to do the typing. This would save us some money.

There are two places we could do the typing, one in UH which costs RM550 per person and the other one in Institute For Medical Research, Malaysia (IMR) which costs RM25 per person only. I was told that the IMR would need more time to produce the test result. In order to be fast, we decided to do the test in UH.

It was found out that Richard’s HLA does not match mine after three weeks we sent our blood sample for testing.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: