Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Day +174

I am fine today.

Christmas season this year is a lot better than last year. Not only am I able to attend Christmas events, our family also blessed with a large guava and a giant papaya.

With limited space, we manage to grow a guava tree and a papaya tree at the front and back yard of the house respectively. The guava tree bears only one fruit so far :-( and the papaya tree already produces quite a number of papayas :-).

Many people persuaded me to eat organic foods because they believe ‘food is medicine’ and cancers are caused by consuming polluted and processed foods. With this in mind, these two fruits are very valuable to me because they are certified (by me) to be 100% organic and they are also unprocessed :-) I hope they really become medicine to cure whatever diseases that I have.

Photo of the 0.8kg guava fruit. Eaten and fully digested :-) Click the photo to get a large view.


Photo of the 3kg papaya. Eaten by the family last night and I believe it is also digested by now :-) Click the photo to get a large view.



There is also a big and tall Mangga (jackfruit) tree in front of the house but it does not bear any fruits so far. If I were not mistaken, we in the 'kampung'(village) last time used to cut the trunk with a chopper to make it bear fruit. I don't know how it works. Most probably it serves as a warning to the tree, "Listen carefully, if you don't bear fruit again, I will cut you like this with greater 'power' until you fall down." Hopefully with this, it will bear a 50kg organic fruit next year Christmas so that I can invite you to a Mangga fest :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

ront said...

jackfruit is nangka, mangga is mango.....

David said...

confused... b'cos Foochow call Nangka Mangga