Saturday, December 30, 2006

Day +178

My red eyes problem is getting better today.

We celebrated Joseph 7 years old birthday tonight. This is the second time I celebrate my children birthday since my bone marrow transplant. The first one was Adriel’s birthday on 11 August 2006. At that time I was still ‘hiding’ inside the room while they celebrated her birthday. Anyway, they passed me a dish of spaghetti for me to enjoy inside the room.

The situation had improved very much this time. Not only I managed to attend the birthday celebration but I also purchased and prepared most of the foods and drinks.

My wife made him a cake while I fried chicken nuggets and French fries. In addition to this, I also cooked spaghetti and prepared the drink. Daniel said the spaghetti is very delicious :-)

I managed to complete the cooking in less than one and half hour time. I believe my mother-in-law needs to spend more than three hours to finish this much of cooking :-( This is because she is very ‘detail’ in preparing the food. For example, if she were to cut the sausages for spaghetti sauce, she will cut each of them longitudinally into four parts and then slides each part individually into smaller pieces. So she needs to slice a total of twenty parts of sausage one by one which will definitely take a lot of time to finish. In contrast, I am very ‘rough’. I cut each of the five sausages longitudinally into four parts first, then hold all the twenty parts together as one bunch and slice them at once. If the resulting pieces are not fine enough, just chop them again :-)

However, having the patient to do thing in such a detail manner is not always bad. For example, she has the patient to peel off the peanut skin one by one and then divide each of them into half using a knife. With this, she will definitely be able to spot any ‘bad’ or rotten peanuts and throw them away. The resulting skinless half-sized peanuts are guaranteed to be fresh. Even though she might expect me to eat the peanut piece (half-sized) by piece, I always enjoy her ‘hard work’ mouthful by mouthful. She must be ‘scolding’ me in her heart when she saw me pouring a mouthful of peanuts into my mouth :-)

Family photo taken during the birthday celeberation. Click to view a large one.

See you next post :-)

No comments: