Friday, December 22, 2006

Day +170

I am fine today.

On Wednesday, I found one of the tyres of my old Daihatsu Charade (the one which underwent engine transplant not long ago) punctured. I tried to replace it with the spare tyre. When I wanted to take out the spare tyre under the bonnet, I was surprised to find out that it was soaking in the water. It looks like the rain water seeps into the bonnet and get retained there. As a result, a lot of fungus grows there. Luckily, I wore mask, else these fungus might ‘jumped’ into my nose and infected me.

There was not much air left in the spare tyre as well. However, it was far better than the punctured tyre which was totally flattened. I thought I could just fix it and then rush the car to the nearest workshop. I was very soon to found out that I did not have enough strength to unscrew any one of the 4 screws on the wheel. So I call the workshop mechanic to come to my house to fix the problem. They suggested me to replace all four tyres as they are trait of cracks on them. I believed the rubber was ‘dead’. No wonder the car jumped so seriously.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: