Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Day +160

I am fine today.

My next follow-up is scheduled one month later. It supposes to be two weeks from yesterday, but because that Monday falls on Christmas holiday, and the following Monday is a New Year holiday, so the follow-up is scheduled one month later.

In fact, doctor asked me to go back one week later because my white blood count dropped a lot since last follow-up. He wanted to see the blood count one week later. I requested him to allow me to come back one month later. It is not because I am lazy to go for follow-up, but it is really too troublesome, time consuming and tiring to complete a follow-up. Yesterday, I left home at 10:00am and reached home at 5:00pm only. It took me 30 minutes just to get my car parked in UH :-(

After parking the car, I rushed to the hematology ward to ask the favor of the day care nurse there to take my blood sample. This is to make sure that the blood test results are ready at 2:00pm. Another option is to let the doctor takes blood sample at 2:00pm and waits for the result before seeing the doctor again.

I feel regret today for not accepting doctor’s advice to go back for follow-up next week. Who knows the white blood count will not drop further? Suddenly a great idea comes to my mind. Why not goes to a nearby clinic to do a blood count just before the Christmas? If the count is good, I can even attend some Christmas events and enjoy roasted turkey :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: