Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day +1214 : Extraction of a molar tooth

I am fine today.

I had a molar tooth extracted this afternoon. The molar tooth delayed very badly after the bone marrow transplant. It is a great challenge to maintain the teeth due to the lack of saliva.

When a dentist spotted the problem a few months ago, the extent of damage was too great for any possible filling. I decided to keep the tooth for a few more months as it was still functional and didn't give me too much problem:-)

I felt some pain on this tooth this afternoon which made me decided to get rid of it on impromptu basis to prevent further trouble.

The young dentist said that only the root of the molar left and he needed to exercise great care in extracting it else the root might crack. However, I felt no pain at all during the process. In fact I didn't even notice when the tooth was extracted; while we were talking about my Leukaemia experience :-)

I was charged RM80 for the extraction service.

I have one tooth less from today onwards but there are still many good teeth left- sufficient for me to enjoy good food :-)

The extracted molar - view from side that is greatly decayed

The other side - healthy one should at least look like this
See you next post :-)

No comments: