Monday, October 12, 2009

Day +1195 : Follow-up at BMT Clinic

My Blood Count Today: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.

Red Blood Count (HB) = 145[141] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 185[205] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 10[7.3] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 5.3[2.263] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)

I am fine today.

The blood count results today are within normal range. The elevated white blood count might be due to mild flu that started yesterday. Hopefully, the flu won't develop as bad as before. I asked doctor if there is anything that we can do to prevent the flu from getting worse, he just ignored it :-(

Doctor reviewed the result of my respiratory function test done earlier. He didn’t see any problem with the result. Indeed, he commented that one of the result indicated that my lung is less obstructed than before :-)

Since the doctor didn’t order liver function test during my last visit, I didn’t visit UH twice for this follow-up. I went to UH at 12:30pm and took blood in the BMT clinic at about 1:30pm.

The doctors only came very late today. They supposed to start seeing patients at 2:00pm but they managed to come at 3:30pm only.

When the nurse didn’t see any doctor coming, she started to become impatient and called one of the doctors, saying that the patients were impatient. In fact, I was very patient. Though I wish the doctors come early, it is definitely not a problem to wait a little bit longer. I believed they were busy attending patients in the ward.

“Comparing to living in the hospital for more than 160 days throughout the treatment, this amount of waiting time means nothing to me,” I always tell myself while waiting. And with this thinking, I am very happy :-)

There were many patients in the hospital today. I waited for another one and half hour to get the medicine.

I reached home at 6:00pm.This is one of the longest follow-up that I experienced so far :-( Hopefully, the situation will be better next follow-up.

Doctor scheduled the next follow-up 8 weeks later but the date clashes with my trip to Sarawak. I requested to postpone it a week later.

See you next post :-)

No comments: