Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day +1208 : Happy birthday, my beloved wife!

I am fine today.

My wife’s birthday fell on 15 October. I was having flu at that time so we didn’t celebrate on the day.

I was getting better last Friday and thus able to bring her for a dinner, as a compensation of the missed celebration.

We went to Puteri Mart Food Court as my wife wanted something simple. We ordered fried Kuey Teow with duck eggs and also grilled fish.

After the meal, I bought her some clothes :-)

The Fried Kuey Teow - from the stall on the right at the entrance. I was told this stall serves the best fried Kuey Teow in the food court.

The grilled fish - from a stall (怪味烧鱼) on the right side at the end of the food court. Very good one. A Hong Kong visitor brought me to this stall some time ago.
See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David
Try to change to "soup kuey teau" next time as I notice the fried kuey teau was not perfectly cooked.Certain parts were burnt.
Eat steamed food.

Concernedpal

David said...

Thanks for your concern. Yes, should try the soup kuey teow. In fact, seldom eat before :-)

It is very "unfortune" that for those "good frying food", burning is essential :-) We normally can't get those burning taste for home cooking, but those stall which uses different apparatus - with powerful jet of fire - could really burned the food to taste :-)

I fully agree with you that steam food is always better than the frying food; especially those "greasy" dishes at the stall.

Should control a little bit :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments. I feel I am so 'ke bo'.

Concernedpal,
One of your many friends.

David said...

No, not "ke bo" at all :-) You are a precious friend.

Just let me know when you are free, we go for soup noodles. I pay :-)

David