Friday, July 31, 2009

Day +1122 : Renewing motor insurance online

I am fine today.

It is time to renew my Perodua Viva road tax. Before we renew road tax, we have to buy the insurance first. The previous insurance company, AXA, sent me a notice of renewal but still with a insured value of RM32,000. This is the value of a new car! I decided not to renew with this company.

I searched online and came to http://www.einsuran.com/. Based on the website, the market value of the car is RM27,000 only; about 15% depreciation for the first year, which is reasonable. With the help of an online premium calculator, I have to pay RM685.90 instead of RM783.40 as proposed by AXA.

One advantage to do it online is that we enjoy 5% rebate on the total payable premium and this bring down the total amount payable to RM652.11 only. Compared to AXA, a saving of RM131.29 was realized :-)

The online insurance company didn’t provide a direct online electronic payment. However, one can choose to pay by credit card through an authorization form, or just bank in to the Maybank account belonged to the website owner.

One thing you might need to know is that all the motor insurance from this website is associated to Allianz. And it just happened that my third brother recommended this company to this. I am very happy when I found out from the website owner that he is associated to Allianz :-)

The support of the website is good too. We can call them anytime should we need help in renewing insurance through the website, even 10:00pm :-)

After purchasing the insurance, I proceed to renew the road tax through http://www.myeg.com.my/. It took me less than 5 minutes to finish the renewing process :-)

I higly recommend you to use the above services for your motor insurance and road tax renewal. It is convenient and at the same time, help to save some money too :-)

If you are not sure how to do it, I can help, free of charge of course :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Alfred Tan said...

I have visited einsuran.com too, but find it could complicated as it offers many types of insurance. I renewed my car insurance from another website renewinsurance.com.my, which specifically focus in Car Insurance by Allianz too. Payment is by credit card, but I do not have to disclose my credit card detail to them as it is directly link to paypal. So, at least, I know my credit card detail is safe. :) Just to share so more people can renew their car insurance online without running around.

David said...

Thank you, Alfred. Direct payment via paypal is good :-) David