Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day +1119 : We changed our mind

I am fine today.

Daniel is going to study Form 1 next year. Someone recommended me to register him in Wesley Methodist School at Sentul. It is a private school with very low school fee compared to other private schools. Though we don’t know where the school is, we decided to let study Daniel there.

I enquired about the entry requirement a few months ago through email. I was informed that the entry is provisional, requiring each applicant to sit for an Entrance Examination on Saturday 08 August 2009. The registration will be closed on 31 July.

The registration requirement is a photocopied birth certificate, two passport sized photographs and a nonrefundable RM150.

I found out how to go to the school last night. With all the necessary documents and money, I drove to Bukit Jalil and then took the LRT to Sentul Station this afternoon. It took the train 30 minutes to arrive at Sentual Station from Bukit Jalil and and we need to bear in mind that this is during non peak hour. It would definitely take more time during peak hour.

Together with the travelling time from my house to Bukit Jalil, one way journey to the school would take at least one hour :-(

Due to the long journey, I have no desire to register for him anymore after arriving at the school. Anyway, I still went into the school to have a look at the condition of the school. I found out that though the buildings were old, the atmosphere of the school was good. The students were disciplined and polite. Many of them greeted me politely though I was a stranger :-)
I believe it is a good school, but it is really too far for us, making it quite impractical to study there.

Now we decided to apply him a position at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Puchong Jaya situated at Jalan Tempua 5; located just opposite my brother, Richard’s house. This is the nearest school from my house; about 3 minutes drive. Daniel said that he can cycle to that school :-)

We are very happy that we have made a good decision today :-)

The train route from Bukit Jalil to Sentul - almost end to end of the Sri Petaling route.
The school

See you next post :-)

No comments: