Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day +1102 : Bedridden (1)

I am fine today.

I am not feeling well today due to flu; coughing, feeling extremely tired with sore body.

However, I have two tasks to complete; the first thing is to settle the payment of my maid as she is going back to Indonesia early next week and the second thing is to do weekly shopping in the market.

The maid salary is RM500 per month. Working for me for 24 months should earn an amount of RM12,000. But the first 6 months of salary were deducted to pay the maid agency in Indonesia as advanced salary when she arrived. This reduces her take home amount to RM9,000.

As mentioned earlier, she “borrowed” from us an amount of RM600 and RM950 to purchase two handphones. And in addition to this, she also “borrowed” an unknown amount to purchase prepaid cards and also to give to her friends. She didn’t know how much she “borrowed”, but we estimate an amount of RM450 for this category of expenses. This further reduces her take home amount of RM7,000.

Deducting an amount of RM450 is a very conservative estimation; we believe that the amount could be well over RM1000. My mother-in-law told us that she was always on the phone when both of us were not at home. However, we would not want to deduct too much from her; else she would have nothing much to take home after two years of hard works here.

After I complete the computation, I briefed her about the payment, including the deduction. She agreed. She said she would like to carry RM800 of cash which I will have to exchange it to Indonesia Rupiah. This amount is for her traveling expenses from Surabaya to her home. If I were not mistaken, she will have to take another flight and other means of transport to reach home.

She would like to spare another RM200 to purchase a bag and other things. I will have to purchase a bank draft for her for the remaining RM6,000.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: