Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day +757 : Induction cooker

I am fine today.

We planned to purchase an electrical steamboat cooker for a long time. I spoke to my brother Richard about this and he straight away recommended to me the induction cooker.

According to Wikipedia:

“An induction cooker uses induction heating for cooking. A conducting pot is placed above an induction coil for the heating process to take place. This type of cooktop does not work with non-conductive cookware such as glass.

Induction cookers are faster and more energy-efficient than traditional cooktops. Additionally, the stove top does not become dangerously hot; however, skin can still be burned if it comes into contact with the inside of the pot. Also, the induction cooker does not warm the air around it as other cookers do.”

According to the article, the heat transfer efficiency of induction cooker can be as high as 90%, while the Electric and Gas has efficiency rates of less than 50%.

In short, the cooker saves money; another way to combat inflation :-)

I got the induction cooker from Cosway at a price of RM209 with 2 RCs (Redemption Coupons?). The retail price (purchase without RCs) would be RM339. However, if you have 65 RCs, you can get it at RM119 only.

We used it during the steamboat buffet last Saturday. It worked extremely well :-)

If you want to purchase the cooker and need RCs, let me know. I can share some with you, but not 65 as I don’t have that many too :-)

The Cosway brochure about the induction cooker. (Click the picture to get a larger view)
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i want this induction cooker desperately! can you help me?

David said...

Can you please ask from any Cosway outlet? I don't know if they are still selling. Alternatively, you can get it from any electrical outlets. Wish you all the best!