Monday, July 07, 2008

Day +733 : Follow-up – liver function improved significantly

My Blood Count Today: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Red Blood Count (HB) = 138[139] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 205[221] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 8.1[5.6] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 4.2[3.36] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
ALT = 44[155] (Normal 30 – 65)
AST = 21[104] (Normal 15-37)
GGT = 102[142] (Normal 15-85)

I am fine today.

The blood count result today is as good as last follow-up; every reading falls within the normal range. In addition to this, the liver function also improved very significantly. Almost all the readings fall within the normal range now :-)

The doctor reduced the daily Prednisolon (steroid) dosage from 30mg (5 tablets) to 20mg (tablets). Hopefully, it can be further reduced in the next follow-up which is scheduled 4 weeks from now.

I also presented the Respiratory Function Test (RFT) result to the doctor today. Doctor said the result indicated that there is a reduction in lung functionality, but the cause of the degradation need to be further investigated. The high resolution CT Scan of the lung on the coming Wednesday might help in determining the cause.

The possible reasons for the degradation:

  1. Partial lung damage due to Leukaemia treatment such as chemotherapies and bone marrow transplant
  2. GVHD
  3. Infection

Even before the RFT, I already felt that my lung did not performed well as mentioned in my blog Day +699 : So breathless to swim now – 上气不接下气 :-(

Last, I must tell you that I gain about 2kg in two weeks; now fully recovered from the weight loss due to the last admission :-) I talked about my great appetite on Day +728 : Alamak! My appetite!

Thanks to Prednisolon :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: