Monday, July 21, 2008

Day +747 : “You have no choice.” (1)

I am fine today.

Fried Kueh Teow is one of Daniel’s most favourite food. He wanted to have fried Kueh Teow for his lunch after church service yesterday. When I advised him not to eat fried Kueh Teow so frequently, he quickly struck a deal with me – eating Kueh Teow once per week :-) This mean if he took Kueh Teow yesterday, he can has his next fried Kueh Teow earliest the coming Monday.

Daniel developed allergy for the first time ever not long after enjoying the delicious fried Kueh Teow. Hives (raised rashes on the skin) grew rapidly all over his body and limbs which itched severely. I really pitied him when I saw him scratched his body and limbs frantically.

Doctor said that the allergy was most probably caused by eating prawns in the fried Kueh Teow.

“May be the prawns were not clean properly this time,” explained doctor when I asked why Daniel didn’t develop any allergic symptoms previously after eating fried Kueh Teow with prawns.

“You have no choice but to give him injection, else he will suffer a lot.” The doctor tried to convince me giving Daniel’s injection.

“How much faster is the effect of injection compared to taking medicine only?” I asked but the doctor could not give me an answer. He just repeated the same thing, “You have no choice…”

“Who say I didn’t have choice?” I said to myself. In fact, I have plenty of choices. The first choice is to look for another doctor :-) The second choice is to deny the injection and take medicine only. The third choice is to take part of medicines prescribed by the doctor.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

ront said...

what kind of doctor is this? i remember I had hives (some food allergy) many years ago and i took anti-histamine orally and it went away quite quickly. certainly didnt need injection for it. then again....like you said...different people might react to it differently. i think its incorrect for the doc to tell you that you dont have a choice.

David said...

yes, i think most people will do fine with anti-histamine.