Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day +755 : Offer expired already?

I am fine today.

I mentioned on my blog Day +749 : I booked a new car :-) that Citibank is offering 0% Interest Easy Payment Plan (EPP) for up to 12 months on down payment for the purchase of Perodua Viva and Nautical. The minimum down payment is RM1,000 and the maximum is RM5,000. In addition to enjoying free interest, the card owner is also entitled to 5X Citibank Rewards Points for Perodua Viva.

This offer is very attractive. So I decided to use the facility up to the maximum - RM5,000 down payment. With this I will save RM194 (RM5,000 x 3.88%) of interest. In addition to this, I will get 25,000 Rewards Points :-)

When I wanted to pay the down payment, the sales agent told me that the offer had already expired on 30th June 2008. But I remembered very well that the offer only expired on 31st August 2008. Without much argument, I convinced her with the Citibank brochure that published the offer.

The sales agent told me that I am her first customer that took up the offer and this is her first time to process such an arrangement; completing a approval form from Citibank, validating by Citibank officer through phone etc.

I discovered the offer accidently. Sometimes, accident can be good :-)

If you are buying Perodua Viva or Perodua Nautical before September, please don’t forget to take up this offer.

See you next post :-)

No comments: