Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day +748 : “You have no choice.” (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

“You see. Your dad is afraid,” the doctor said when he saw me quite undecided on whether to let Daniel having injection.

“Absolutely not,” I answered, “I had gone through a bone marrow transplant and had been hospitalized for 150 days.”

“Oh I see. You dad is concern about you,” he changed his tone quickly :-)

Then I told him a little bit about my disease and the treatment.

“I know. I know,” the doctor answered.

Even this answer also half true. It is probably quite true that he know how the disease should be treated but in any case, not a single doctor knows exactly how a patient feel during the treatment. This is because every patient can have different reaction towards certain drugs or treatments, not to mention the emotional aspect.

“I really don’t know how you all feel,” a young doctor told me while administering the chemo drug (Daunorubicin) to me. I admire his honesty.

Anyway, Daniel did go for an injection in the end. He is getting better today but in the afternoon, hives appeared all over his body again. Fortunately, the symptom is suppressed quickly after taking the medicine for allergy.

I noticed that the medicine is actually Prednisolon, the type of medicine that I take to suppress GVHD. Now both the father and son are taking Prednisolon :

See you next post :-)

No comments: