Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day +736 : Dinner with Pastor Andrew and family

I am fine today.

We had dinner with Pastor Andrew and his family together with some of our church members.

We also celebrated Mrs. Andrew – also a pastor(传道) – and their eldest son’s birthday during the dinner.

The dinner was held at Imperial Palace Restaurant at Puchong – one of the popular restaurants that my office had lunch after monthly company meeting. The restaurant is under the Tai Thong Group Malaysia, and therefore we also call it Tai Thong restaurant.

The restaurant is offering special set meal which cost only RM128.80++ for 10 persons. The set meal includes 6 dishes, soup of the day, steamed rice and dessert of the day.

However, after adding the cost of Chinese tea (RM24), tidbits (RM6) and the service and government tax, the total cost of the 10-person set meal is about RM170.

My brother Richard took the set meal very often before and he said that the size of dishes is getting smaller and smaller. I believe this might be one of the side effects of the recent price hike :-(

The name of restaurant – Imperial Palace - implied that its environment setting should be of higher class which indeed is quite true :-)

This is my third time having meal in this restaurant in less than a month’s time :-)

Group photo after the meal
The cake (auto-rorated by blogspot - still puzzling why this happens)
Derek and Mrs. Andrew - happy birthday boy and girl :-)
Let me cut the cake...
Now the meal. Again I forgot to take the photo even though I brought along my camera, so I post the dishes of one of the earlier meals that I took.

Tidbit - peanuts Tidbit - pickled papaya
The main dish - Hong Kong style roasted duck Poached tiger prawns with Chinese wine Braised vegetables with mushrooms
Fried egg Claypot sliced pork with salted fish
Soup of the day
Sweet & sour fish fillet

Dessert of the day This photos make me hungry again. Need to search for food now :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: