Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day +738 : The “lemons incident” happened again :-(

I am fine today.

The lemons story that I mentioned in blog Day +730 : Very expensive lemons happened to me again today. This time is not lemons from Tesco but books from Popular Bookstore in IOI Mall.

I purchased a few items from the bookstore tonight. Among them were a colourful children book called Aesop’s Fables (伊索寓言一本通) and two “delicious” cookbooks.

Thinking that my children must be happy to see the Aesop’s Fables and my wife would be very delighted to have the cookbooks, I returned home happily. But when I checked the receipt, I am no longer happy because the cashier charged the Aesop’s Fables twice :-(

I rushed back to the bookstore again, arriving just before it closed for business. And fortunately the cashier remembered that I purchased one copy of the book only. In the end, I got the necessary refund, but what about my time and petrol fee?

I said in my “Very expensive lemons” post that I should check the receipt before leaving the check-out counter, but I didn’t do what I said :-( Next time, I have to …

Hopefully, I remember to do it next time.

The receipt in which Aesop Fables was scanned twice


The book - Aesop Fables
The cookbook -Delicacies of China Town
Another one - Heavenly Claypot Magic. What a attractive name! :-)
See you next post :-)

No comments: