Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Day +728 : Alamak! My appetite!

I am fine today.

My appetite is incredible now. I always feel hungry and thus always craving for foods. During the monthly company lunch this afternoon, I consumed two and a half bowls of rice :-) In fact, I can eat more but it is quite embarrassing to continue eating.

Do you know what is the culprit? I believe the increased dosage of Prednisolon (steroid) to 30mg (6 tablets) a day boosts my appetite tremendously. And not only the appetite, my face started to swell again. I believe if I continue with this dosage of Prednisolon, I am going to carry a “moon face” again very soon :-(

My weight dropped more than 2kg after I was discharged from the ward about two weeks ago. I just hope that the increased appetite will help me to recover at least my weight before the doctor start to reduce the Prednisolon dosage again :-) That is one of the collateral benefits that I can think of regarding this drug.

See you next post :-)

No comments: