Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day +749 : I booked a new car :-)

I am fine today.

I booked a Perodua Viva 850cc yesterday. The one with metallic colour cost RM32,900, and after a discount of RM1,500, the on-the-road price is RM31,500.

My wife and I are not very particular about cars indeed. Anything that serves the purpose would do. In fact the current two cars that we have are sufficient for our needs; my wife’s Daihatsu Charade and the company car Proton Perdana.

A few weeks ago I heard that my niece who studies at Universiti Teknikal Melaka would like to have a car for convenient sake. Her mother – my second sister - would like to purchase her a car. Initially she decided to buy a second hand Perodua Kancil. However, she changed their mind later, and would like to purchase a new Perodua Kancil. After sometime, my niece told her that Perodua Viva looks nicer and consume less petrol. So she planned to purchase Perodua Viva.

After discussing with my wife, we came to a conclusion that it is better for us to purchase a new car and give the Daihatsu Charade to my niece.

Am I rich? No :-) The sales agent asked me to pay a booking fee of RM500 but I have RM70 in my wallet only. So in the end I pay RM50 only :-)

I accidentally came across an attractive offer from a Citibank brochure that offers a maximum of RM5000 interest fee one year repayment facility for those who use the Citiban credit card to pay down payment in purchasing Perodua Viva or Nautica only. I took up this offer without second thought :-)

This is the second time we purchase a car in 14 years :-)

The car :-) We choose ligth green colour.
See you next post :-)

No comments: