Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day +542 : Luckily, it is a camera, not spouse :-)

I am fine today.

My niece’s old Olympus digital camera was spoiled. She would like to get a new one.

Few days ago, she called me excitedly to tell me that she found a cheap and good digital camera at Lowyat Plaza – the digital heaven of Malaysia. She said that the 8MB Pentax camera was selling at RM499 only.

I told her that I couldn’t offer much advice as this is the first time I heard the brand Pentax, but she kept on telling me over the phone that the promoter told her this was a good camera and some customer had been using Pentax camera for 9 years. I reminded her that any promoter would surely say that their brand was good, else how could he/she strikes a deal?

Another thing I asked her to check was the picture quality, and the respond was very positive; the picture quality was very good.

I asked her whether she could delay the purchase so that more research could be done. No answer :-( She just kept on telling me how good the camera was; the promoter said that it was good, the picture quality was good, and there was satisfying customer who used Pentax camera for 9 years…

In the end, she purchased the camera happily.

But when she tried out the camera at home, she was not happy anymore. Most photos taken indoor were “blur blur” no matter how she played around with the camera setting :-(

Now she was thinking of how to get rid of the camera without losing too much. One way is to “lelong(auction)” it off via lelong.com, and the other way is to persuade my nephew to purchase it, perhaps with some discount :-) I also advised her to check if it is possible to return it to the shop and get a refund.

It is very interesting to see how young people learn their lesson and my comment on this case is “Luckily, it is a camera, not spouse” :-)

It is definitely a valid approach to “lelong” off a camera, but who dare to “lelong” off their spouse?

See you next post :-)

No comments: