Friday, December 14, 2007

Day +527 : Eating at Bintangor Town

I am fine today.

There is still no way for me to reach Sibu today and I found out that the Pathlab in Sarikei town was already closed for business. This means that I have to wait for the flood in Sibu subsides first before doing the blood test.

My wife and I went to Bintangor town this morning. We had breakfast and lunch at the town. I would like to introduce to you what we had today :-)

The small town – could not find a single traffic light in the town :-)
The best hotel in the town owned by Ting Pek Kiing (陈伯勤). The hotel bears his father's name if I were not mistaken.
Wantan Soup (RM2.00) - my wife’s breakfast
Kampua Mee (RM2.00) - my breakfast, this one is the best that I had since I came back for the holiday
Fried Mee (RM2.50) - my nephew’s breakfast
We had clay pot Mee (RM3.00) for lunch. I haven’t eaten this type of noodle for more than 20 years. My third sister who works as a dental assistant in the nearby hospital always brought us for lunch whenever we go to town, but she didn’t ever know the existence of this type of noodle. She said she would bring her children for this type of noodle later.
Miring - my wife's favourite dish
Wife’s Biscuit (老婆饼) - not only for wife, also good for husband :-)
Dousa Biscuit(豆沙饼) - my third sister always buy this type of biscuits for me to bring back to kampong whenever I go to town
Li Biscuit (礼饼) - there was a story behind this type of biscuit
We had this Fried Kueh Teow the other day. It costs RM2.20 only. The shop owner told us he would like to keep the price at RM2.00 but due to pressure from other shop owners, he had no choice but to increase the price. People scolded him stupid for not increasing the price.
The Restaurant that was reluctant to increase the price of noodle
See you next post :-)

No comments: