Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Day +525 : Miscellaneous photos from home village

I am fine today.

I went to Bintangor town with my nephew this morning to buy fishing hook and to visit internet café to update my blog.

In the evening, we went fishing again with the following score:

David - 6 fishes
Heng Yew – 4 fishes
Joseph – 1 fish

In the morning, I cooked Fried Kueh-Teow in Creamy Egg Sauce () for the first time. As the dish was not available here, most of my family members were eating it for the first time. Even though I didn’t use squids as I could not find it at Bintangor town, the taste was still not too far away from the one that we eat in restaurant :-) We managed to finish 2kg of Kueh-Teow for the breakfast.
My wife and Daniel were learning to make "Black and White Cheese Cake" from my niece. The cake was quite simple to make. It consists of alternate layers of ordinary and chocolate Marie biscuits "glued" together with cheese or peanut butter and chocolate pastry. No baking is necessary for this type of cake; just keep it in the refrigerator for one day after preparation before serving.

Chocolate Marie biscuits sitting on top of peanut butter.
The ingredients
My wife and Daniel busy making the cake, with happy Adriel popping up for a photo shot only
Heng Hew and Daniel busy at work
Small white fish (白鱼仔), it looks big here; actually it is small.
A beetle
A type of small crab that is widely available here. Though it is edible, we rarely eat them. Daniel said this crab was his life finger ring :-)
A moth
See you next post :-)

No comments: