Monday, December 10, 2007

Day +523 : The more we drive, the more fuel lefts :-)

I am fine today.

I promised Daniel and Joseph to go fishing in the evening, but in the last minute we realised that we didn’t have the right fishing hook to catch the small fish in the streams nearby.

Daniel is a hot tempered boy, he was very angry with me. In order to calm him down, I fetched the children to round the kampong using motorcycle as a "compensation" for not bringing him to go fishing today.

Motorcycle is the most common transport in the kampong. I started to ride it to school when I was about 12 years old. Of course there was no way to get a driving license at that time, but considering the poor road condition in the kampong, my driving skill was definitely better than those who possessed a driving license in the town :-)

Daniel questioned me whether the motorcycle had fuel left half way through the journey. Without answering him directly, I asked him to look at the fuel metre on the front panel of the motorcycle which showed the following reading.


Daniel was very happy with the metre reading, because the fuel metre was pointing at "E". Why? His interpretation of the reading is "E" = Enough, "F" = Finish. As the metre always goes from "F" to "E", the more we drive, the more "Enough" the fuel we had :-) How I wish what he thought was true because with that I would never need to pump the ever price-increasing petrol again :-)

I managed to fetch 3 children at once – one in front and two at the back :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: