Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day +533 : Heavy cough, flu and fever :-(

I am fine today.

I developed heavy cough, flu and low grade fever (<= 38˚C) early in the morning. The durian and local olive season is accompanied by cough and flu season here :-( You can hear people coughing everywhere, so avoiding infection is like a impossible task.

A person like me whose immune system is suppressed has to be very careful about infection. This is the first time I developed fever after discharged from bone marrow transplant. My family members were quite worried about the fever.

I called bone marrow transplant unit in UH to seek advice, and it just happened that the sister was the one who picked up the call. She told me not to worry too much and also not need to cut short my holiday; just go to a hospital here to make sure that my lung is clear.

As today is Hari Raya Haji, I seek treatment through the emergency unit of general hospital Sibu. The doctor said that my lung is clear :-) I am also given the following medicines:

  1. Expectorant Diphenhydramine – for cough
  2. Chlorpheniramine Maleate – for flu
  3. Paracetamol – for fever

I paid RM1.00 and the consultation process took about half an hour only :-)

I hope the cough, flu and fever will settle down very soon so that I have enough strength to bring my family back to KL on the coming Sunday.

Lastly, I would like to wish my Muslim friends: Selamat Hari Raya Haji.

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brother David,

Many of our church members whom involve actively in this coming Caring Christmas also fall sick. Maybe our enemy is trying to disturb our work for this Caring Christmas. So, you may one of his targets. We will remember you in prayer. See you soon.

Kuok Chai

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
I wish you get well soon, and also Merry Christmas to you and family!

Pure Faith said...

I'm beginning to miss you.... are you OK?

David said...

Dear All,

I am fine and God is great!

Sorry for lack of update due to inaccessibility of internet at the kampong.

Thank God that the flu and cough subsided even without taking any of the 3 medicines prescribed by the doctor. I no longer have fever too. Thank for your prayer.

My family and I are back to KL safetly now.

Wish all you a blessed Christmas.

David