Monday, December 17, 2007

Day +530 : Blood test

My Blood Count Today: - Reading within the square bracket [] depicts the previous test result.
Red Blood Count (HB) = 144 [142] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 168 [152] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 12.6 [8.5] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 9.072 [5.525 ] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
ALT = 152 [71] (Normal 30 – 65)
AST = 78[26] (Normal 15-37)
GGT = 208 [153] (Normal 15-85)
ALP = 99 [75] (Normal 50-136)

I am fine today.

My third sister Sie Kiong fetched me to Sibu to do blood test this morning. Though some roads were still flooded, she used alternate routes to avoid the flood.

The liver enzyme levels are climbing again. I am not sure whether to further reduce the Prednisolon daily dosage from 15mg (3 tablets) to 10mg as planned during the last follow-up 4 weeks ago. I have sent the result to Dr. Haris for evaluation. Dr. Haris is one of the UH haematologists who look after me. I really appreciate his kindness to offer consultation through email while I am enjoying my holiday in Sarawak.

One thing that worries me is the elevated white blood count reading which fall beyond the normal range. I hope the count will drop on the next follow-up which is scheduled on the 31 December, 2007.

I also developed mild sore throat with brownish phlegm and occasional cough. May be it was because I consumed too much heaty fruits such as the local olive and durian. I think I have to exercise a little bit of self control :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David
There are 2 readings, one of them is in [ ], which one is actual?

Do you take multi-vitamin and minerals ?

David said...

Dear Seu Chuong,

The one in the [] is the reading from the previous blood test.

I didn't take any multi-vitamin and minerals at the moment, but eat a lot :-)

David