Friday, December 07, 2007

Day +520 : A 71-year old grand birthday celebration (作寿)

I am fine today.

We reached our kampong at 6:30pm last night. Thank to the new Lanang Bridge (at least new to my wife and children as they are using the bridge for the first time) that once more than one hour journey now took only half an hour :-)

Immediately I reached home, I started to cook Fried Hokkien Mee for my family. It took me almost two hours to finish cooking the 4kg Hokkien Mee that I brought back from KL. My family members enjoyed the Mee very much. This type of fat yellow Mee is not available in Sarawak.

I also fried Sin-Chew Meehon for my family members in the morning. Since I enjoy cooking very much and I have plenty of time in the kampong this time, I will try to prepare a few new dishes to share with the family members in kampong. In order to practice cooking in this holiday, I brought back four cookbooks :-)

In noon time today, we went to Sarikei to visit my wife’s family. I packed Kentucky Fried Chicken meal and Kampua Mee for my wife’s family for lunch. As the durian season is starting to pick up, we went to taste durian in the town in the afternoon. A piece of durian that weighs about 2kg costs RM10. I still feel that the D24 in KL taste better :-)

We celebrated my mother-in-law 71-year old grand birthday (作寿) in the evening. This was kind of an ad hoc arrangement to me; my father-in-law told me about this only when I reached Sarikei. Since they had prepared all the food for the dinner, we went to purchase a cake for celebration in the last minute as our contribution to the celebration :-)

The Nyelong Ferry. The opposite is Sarikei town. We stucked at the jetty for about one hour. I should use other route.

A group photo with my wife's brother family. The one on the right of my mother-in-law is my father-in-law.
A happy mother-in-law with the children.
Part of the dishes for the dinner.
Very delicious sweeet sour pork rib. Only available at home town.
Foochow special dish called "Taiping Egg(太平蛋)" which I like very much.
Adriel was stung by bee for the first time tonight. We used to live in the kampong with this type of bee which was attracted by light. The sting is extremely painful. Fortunately, after applying the fresh Aloe Vera, the pain disappeared magically :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: