Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day +540 : I am 6 years younger than me?

I am fine today.

I visited an interesting booth that measured one's health condition using two apparatus : Omron's KaradaScan and Pharmanex's Biophotonic Scanner.

KaradaScan is body composition monitor. It displays body weight, the levels of skeletal muscle, body fat and visceral fat, basal metabolism, BMI (body mass index), visceral fat rate, and body age.

The Biophotonic Scanner measures the stable level of carotenoid antioxidants in the skin and generating the skin Carotenoid Score.

Despite going through all those aggresive cancer treatments such as chemotherapies and bone marrow transplant, the KaradaScan showed that my body age was 6 years younger than my actual age. My real age is 40 years old, and my official age is 38 years old. The KaradaScan measured my body age as 34 years old only :-) The guy who did the scanning said that I "untung(earn)" 6 years.

The Biophotonic Scanner gave my Skin Carotenoid Score a reading of 42,000 (green zone) which was near the optimal end (blue zone). Most Malaysians are on the orange zone which is on the "weak" end. Your can refer to the report below to have an understanding on how to interpret the result. They told me that I scored the second highest in this test. My wife scored exactly the same Skin Carotenoid Score as me :-)

One thing pondering me is why such a healthy body developed cancer. Not only this, I met a lot of Leukaemia patients who told me that they were pretty wrong and healthy before getting diagnosed with the disease. May be unlike other cancers, Leukaemia is for the healthy one :-)

The report. (Click the report to get a larger view)

See you next post :-)

No comments: