Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day +535 : What a service! Maybank

I am fine today.

My eldest sister went back to Kuching today. I sent her to Sarikei bus terminal to board a bus to Kuching in the morning.

We plan to buy Adriel some clothes in Sarikei town after that. As very few stores in Sarikei accept credit card payment, I went to withdraw some cash in one of the banks in the town. Unfortunately, the only Hong Leong Bank ATM machine that I tried to withdraw money was out of service. Then I went to Maybank to withdraw money, but this time my ATM card stuck in the machine :-) The machine showed me the “out of service” message only after the card was stuck. If it showed this message earlier, I wouldn’t put in the card at all.

Worst still, the bank was not open as today is Saturday. Coincidently, I forgot to bring along my mobile phone, so I went to a shop nearby to make a call to Maybank customer service. I waited on the line listening to Maybank advertisements and promises that their executive will attend to my call shortly, but more than 30 minutes of "torturing ", the line dropped :-)

When we passed by the same ATM machine again, we saw people were drawing cash happily without any problem :-) What happened to my card? Dropped into the machine or was taken by someone?

This incident almost destroyed my shopping mood. I felt more comfortable only after I successfully contacted the customer service again and confirmed that all accounts associated to the card were in proper order.

It is quite upset to have the so called largest banking group in Malaysia to keep a customer on hold for 30 minutes and then simply dropped the line. With this low grade of service, Malaysia Mana Boleh?

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

David said...

Hi Daniel,

Nice and informative blog about Sarikei.

Merry Christmas!

Best Regards,
David