Sunday, December 09, 2007

Day +522 : Attending Sunday service at kampong’s church

I am fine today.

We attended the Sunday service at the kampong’s church in the morning. This is the church that I attended since I was young. I learned many things through the church: bible teaching, music, public relationship and many more.

Time passes swiftly. Many church members that once served the Lord together with me are growing old now; with white hair and mark of wrinkles. They were very happy to see me and my family, and would like to listen to my sharing again. As I didn’t prepare to share this morning, I promised them a sharing next Sunday.

It is one of the rare churches in Sarawak where the service is conducted in Foochow dialect :-)

The children took photo with my maid(left most) and my second sister's daughter(right most)
The stage.
The woman choir.
The audience.
I cooked Braised Yam and Pork Belly Slices in Reddish Cheese(南乳芋香焖腩片) for the first time. Though it didn't look as good as the one in the recipie book, it tasted extremely good. A dish with 1.2kg of pork belly and 3kg of yam was completely consumed in a single meal :-)
The perserved beancurd or Reddish Cheese (南乳) is one of the main ingredient for the dish. My wife and I searched for it high and low at Bintangor town. After visiting 5 shops and just before we gave up, we managed to find it at a mini market :-)See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

David弟兄,

平安。偶然之下看了你的信息,所以来留个言。。。。看到你靠主得胜,很欣慰,继续加油!

对了,其实我也想问你,教会有没有类似血癌的基金协会?或者是你知道马来西亚有没有类似的基金会?因为我有一个朋友也患上血癌,向更了解这方面的资料,希望你能协助。

你可以e-mail给我:
jesstpp@yahoo.com

谢谢你。

Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Reading your blog always make me feel hungry :-D
Haha

Qi Sheng

David said...

Jess,

谢谢你的留言及鼓励。

我没有听说过教会有血癌基金协会。马来西亚有个National Cancer Society of Malaysia (http://www.cancer.org.my/index.php)。不知是否可以联络他们。我已经email给你。你可以联络我。

谢谢!

Hi Qi Sheng,

I see.I think Ishould find a time to cook for you and the youth group when I am back to KL:-)

David