Monday, February 22, 2010

Day +1328 : A relaxing day at a hilly orchard - Lei Cha

I am fine today.

Mrs. Woo treated us a very nice homemade Lei Cha (擂茶) lunch. This was the first time ever in my life to have Lei Cha :-) And it is the same for many of us including my wife and my mother-in-law.

I used to hear that Lei Cha is a healthy food and thus not so delicious but my first experience eating it proved the otherwise. I ate two big plates and was very satisfied.

All of us appreciate Mrs. Woo very much for preparing such a great meal for us.

Busy preparing Lei Cha
The ingredient - organic vegetable again :-)
Mrs. Woo frying the ingredient

Some help too
Delicious fried egg
Cooked ingredient
A daunting task - de-skinning peanuts. When I was doing chemotherapy, people said that peanut skin could boost the platelet count. Some patient drank peanut skin soup (produced by boiling peanut skin only with water) to boost platelet count but I don't know how effective it was. In fact, eating peanut with skin intact is not a problem to me at all. It may be more delicious and healthy :-)




One of the most important part of Lei Cha - the tea. Again, most of the ingredients for the tea were from the orchard. Organic again!
Ready to serve

A group photo before the meal.
Self service
Adding tea
Happy diners...





To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: