Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day +1319 : Chinese New Year Eve

I am fine today.

My family and my fourth sister’s family were having reunion dinner together this evening. It has been many years we have the reunion dinner together. Joining us this year were my niece Nga Ming and nephews Heng Chiek and Chih Yung.

There were altogether 18 people including two maids having dinner together in my sister's house.

Remembering that I was in the ward doing chemotherapy four years ago, I enjoyed the dinner with a grateful heart. It is so good to celebrate New Year with family members :-)

Everyone participated in preparing dishes

Aaron also contributed for not disturbing us :-)
We contributed 5 dishes for the dinner. As my sister is more health conscious and thus it is very hard for her children to enjoy delicious "unhealthy" food, I volunteered to prepare those food :-)

Sea cucumber and deer tendon soup - very nice :-)
Fried spare ribs
Fried prawns
Deep-fried special seafood bean curd (招牌豆腐)
Fried Mee Hoon

Dining room
Group photo before dinner
Mixed vegetables
Steamed codfish - very nice
Sausage and Siew Mai
Fish balls and seafood beancurd
Roasted chicken
Nuggets
Herbal chicken
Let's start...
Timonty (eldest son of my sister), Heng Chiek and Chih Yung
Joseph, Daniel and Joshua (2nd son of my sister)
Hannah - second daughter of my sister
Elisha (eldest daughter of my sister), Adriel and Nga Ming
My mother-in-law
My sister and brother-in-law
Me, my wife and Aaron
Dessert - Longan in soft drink
Esther - Alvin's mother. Golden Retriever breed.

See you next post :-)

No comments: