Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day +1320 : Wish you a very happy Chinese New Year!

I am fine today.

I would like to wish all those who celebrate Chinese New Year a very happy and blessed New Year!

It is good to have first day of Chinese New Year to fall on Sunday. This allow us to come to the church to worship our God first thing in the year.

The Sunday service which was normally start at 10:30am was brought forward to 9:00am. There were more than 50 adults and children attended the service.

We went to visit a few church members after the service in the morning.

In the evening, Richard and I went to visit a former church member who was diagnosed with Nasopharyngeal (鼻咽癌). He is now in the fourth stage and is receiving chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment in KL General Hospital. The doctor allowed him to come home for a few days before continuing his treatment.

I went to visit patients in the heamatology ward in UH after that, bringing along a bag of Mandarin oranges for them. There were not many patients especially Chinese stayed back. I believe most of them were fit for discharge before Chinese New Year.

I managed to talk to some patients and their family members during the visit; sharing my treatment experience. All patients appreciated the visit.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Chinese New Year. Good and kind of you to visit the ward to show some warmth and friendship.

Nice to read your blog of positiveness, humour and openness. Keep it up. I need to learn from you to put it in God's Hands, to see it from the positiveness and the humour in everyday life.

Come across any third party transplant patient regarding CML?

Teresa Ting

David said...

Hi Teresa,

Happy New Year to you and your family! Send my warmest regards to Jonathan. I am praying for him.

I haven't come across any CML third party transplant patient. The problem is that UH didn't do many third party transplant.

If I come across one, I will let you know.

David