Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Day +1315 : First Toyota Innova Service – the service centre disappeared

I am fine today.

It was time to send my Toyota Innova for the first service as its mileage was approaching 1000km last week. I searched the Toyota Service Manual for the nearest Toyota service centre and found one at No.4, Jalan Rajawali 1A, Bandar Puchong Jaya. It is located somewhere near Naza KIA shop not far away from IOI mall.

The location as indicated in the service manual (a direct scan)

Last Friday, I called the service centre and made an appointment at 2:00pm yesterday. But when I reached the address, there was no Toyota Service Centre there :-( What happened to the service centre? I remembered I was there to fetch my brother, Richard, who sent his Toyota Advanza for service quite sometimes ago. So I shouldn’t be going to the wrong place.

I called Richard and I was told that he received a notice that the service centre had shifted to somewhere else. After some investigation, he informed me that it was shifted to somewhere two km behind the TESCO, Puchong.

By the time I was told the new location, I had already spent about 30 minutes on the road, making two trips to the old service centre.

Toyota should update the service manual. If they can’t even handle a small issue such as this, what else can we expect of the quality of the Toyota vehicle that we spent so much to purchase?

When I brought this issue to the service centre, the staff said that that was the Toyota head quarter problem. And another staff said that the Toyota salesman should inform me the change of address.

But I don’t really care which individual is at fault. What I really matter is that Toyota is at fault!

See you next post :-)

No comments: