Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day +1147 : To go or not to go, that is the problem :-(

I am fine today.

Our church is having a 2 days 3 nights family camp at Sea View Hotel, Pangkor island, from 29 to 30 August. There are 120 person, including 25 from Hong Kong, attending the camp.

I and my family members registered for the camp.

Due to the outbreak of A (H1N1), attending the camp becomes a risky business for me especially considering I am belonged to the high risk group :-( Some advised me not to go to the camp to avoid the risk. So to go or not to go becomes a problem that flip-flopped in my mind.

I sought opinion of Dr. Gan regarding this problem.

“Why you have to go?” she asked.

“I strongly advise you not to go,” she said, "because it is very contagious."

After so much hard work to keep me alive and yet die of A (H1N1), worth it? That was a strong argument against going to the camp, isn’t it? So I promised not to go.

But to go or not to go is something that continues to flip-flop in my mind, until this evening, during the weekly church management meeting, Pastor Tan offered to fetch me, rather than taking the bus which is definitely more risky.

I accepted the offer, and I would do all necessary prevention including wearing N95 mask and bringing along a hand sanitizer. The rest I leave it to God :-)

Why I have to go? It is simply because I am part of the church, and the church is part of me :-)

May God bless us!

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Lau Chih Yung said...

Just go...
Dun worry ...

Lord will always with you ....

take care and enjoy...
haha

David said...

Haha!

ront said...

and you broke your promise to Dr Gan

David said...

Yes. Dare no tell her.