Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Day +1126 : My great sisters (1)

I am fine today.

My eldest sister, Sie Huong, is staying in Kuching. She monitored my condition very closely through regular contacts with my second sister, Sie Kiong, and third sister, Sie Chuo. And this is always the case; she would be the first one to be consulted for any problems we encounter.

She was very concerned about my situation until she took a 5:00pm flight from Kuching to Sibu on Saturday. She said she might as well come over here to see me and take care of me rather than to be anxious in Kuching.

After seeing that I was improving, she took an express boat from Sibu to Kuching on Sunday morning. The trip took her 6 hours instead of a normal duration of 5 hours due to overloading; packing about 270 passengers into an express boat with a 200 seats only.

My second sister, Sie Kiong, take care of me very well; many times better than the nurses in the hospital. She massaged me using boiled eggs with hair and finger ring in order to expel the flu. This traditional massage was said to be very effective by kampong folks. She prepared medicine and warm water for me whenever I need to take the medicine. She checked my temperatures several times at night, and whenever I sweated at night, she brought T-Shirt and asked me to change. At the same time, I was served with warm water regularly throughout the night. The warm water is quite effective in suppressing the cough temporarily.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: