Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day +1134 : Did I contracted A (H1N1)?

I am fine today.

I read from Sin Chew Jit Poh (星洲日报) today that many people went to clinic to request for Influenza vaccination. In fact the vaccination is against seasonal strain of influenza, not the pandemic influenza such as A (H1N1).

I was vaccinated against seasonal influenza on 16 June, 2009. I mentioned about this on my blog Day +1079 : Chest CT Scan and Influenza Vaccination.

With this vaccination, I should have immunity against seasonal flu, and as such should not contract seasonal flu. This was what a doctor commented in the newspaper. He said those who had Influenza vaccination and yet still caught flu is most likely getting A (H1N1).

I had Influenza vaccination and yet caught flu, did I contracted A (H1N1)?

See you next post :-)

No comments: