Friday, August 07, 2009

Day +1129 : Follow-up – Ophthalmology Clinic

I am fine today.

I reached the clinic at 9:45am but only saw the ophthalmologist at 12:30pm :-( Many patients who came after me got to see ophthalmologists earlier. In fact, I was the last one they saw today.

The ophthalmologist asked why I was there as he didn’t have my medical history. The clinic did provide him my medical file, but it was volume three. The story regarding my eyes problem was recorded in volume two. Since he didn’t know my history, he saw me last :-(

I told him my problem and he examined my eyes. He said that the Tears Naturale Free that I am using is the best, but also the most expensive one. He proposed a few alternatives and if they work, would reduce the cost. He also encouraged me to claim the expenses from government as it is of legitimate need. He will sign the application form for me next visit.

He would like to dilate my eyes during my next follow-up, which is scheduled 6 months later. The dilation will allow for more detail study of my eyes condition.

In the afternoon, I went to see Dr. Koh to request for additional 4 days of Augmentin. He said the amount he prescribed earlier should be enough because it was 1g instead of 625mg. Anyway, he decided to prescribe another 4 days as per my request, and he said with this, any pneumonia should be vanished :-)

I am continuing 1g Augmentin starting from today for another week.

See you next post :-)

No comments: