Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day +1135 : Unexpected holiday

I am fine today.

SJK(C) Yak Chee, the school where my wife teaches and two of my sons, Daniel and Joseph study, is closed down due to two confirmed cases of A (H1N1). My wife said they are at least 6 more students admitted for observations.

According to my wife, there were many students absent from classes before this. The number of absentees ranges from 10 to more than 20 students in a class.

The school will only reopen after the national day; that is on 1 September.

This unexpected break is a blessing to us :-) At least my wife has more time to train our new maid who is very inexperienced. She didn’t even know how to operate a gas stove. She told us that she never sees a pineapple and a pamelo, and we believe a lot of things here are new to her.

Hopefully, the pandemic will be under control after the break.

See you next post :-)

No comments: