Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day +1141 : Nearly miss the Streamyx Combo RM10 Add Voice offering

I am fine today.

I applied for the Streamyx Combo package that I mentioned in my last post just before the RM10 Add Voice offer was expired.

The TMpoint that I went had problem with their system and due to some misunderstanding, I was denied the RM10 Add Voice service. They advised me to take the RM28 Add Voice service which I reluctant to do.

I sent Telekom complaint and the manager of TMpoint Puchong called me and serviced me personally to allow me to have the RM10 service.

I shared with you the complaint letter :-)

Hi,

My name is TING SIE KIEW, IC: xxxxxx-xx-xxxx. I subscribed to Streamyx IMbps package through the fixed line 03-xxxxxxxx.

On the 28 June, I went to TMpoint Puchong to upgrade my Streamyx Package to Combo Package IMbps, and I would also like to subscribe to the RM10 Add-Voice service.

Unfortunately, I was told that the system was down. Then I went to the same TMpoint again on 29 June. This time I was told that all transaction on any lines served by Kinrara station could not be done as TM was upgrading the IT system. I need to come back on 7/7/09.

Worrying that the promotion of Combo package with RM10 Add-Voice service will expire on 30 June, I called 100. I informed them I am an existing Streamyx 1Mbps user, paying RM88 per month, and now I would like to upgrade with Combo Package with RM10 Add-Voice service, and I was worrying that by the time your system was back to handle transaction, the promotion would expire already.

However, the support staff told me that I should not worry as the promotion will be extended to the end of the year. And I mentioned that there was no RM10 option on the form, he told me that I shouldn't worry about this. I just need to apply for the RM 110 Combo Package first and then with a call to 100, they will be able to add the service for me.

I went to TMpoint again on 7/7, submitting my form to upgrade my Streamyx service to Combo 1Mbps. The TMpoint staff told me that they were running out of wireless modem and once the modem arrive, she will inform me. But I was very disappointed to be informed by TMpoint today that as an existing customer, I was no longer entitled for the RM10 Add-Voice service as it was
expired on the end of June.

I believe it is TM problem that prevented me from missing the RM10 Add-Voice
service promotion:

1. I went to TMpoint on 28 June - TMpoint said that the system was down, and no transaction could be done. (TM problem)
2. I went to TMpoint on 29 June - TMpoint said that transaction of lines served by Kinrara station could not be done, as TM was upgrading the IT system. (TM problem)
3. I called 100 on 29 June - I was informed that the promotion will be extended to the end of the year. (TM problem again!)

With this, I would like to request you to consider seriously in extending the RM10 Add-Voice service to me.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

ront said...

really discouraging that with we need to resort to next-to-begging to subscribe to crappy service. this kind of thing would not happen if there's healthy competition. this certainly doesnt sound like a consumer market.

David said...

That is the scenario here - TM is the King :-(