Sunday, August 02, 2009

Day +1124 : To admit or not to admit, that is the problem!

I am fine today.

I developed fever on Friday – second day of the trip. At that time I was at the kampong. I knew that I need another dose of antibiotic.

My third sister, Sie Chuo, brought me to Bintangor Clinic. After describing my symptoms to the medical officer (MO), he prescribed me a 7-day course Augmentin, cough syrup, panadol, and piriton. When we were just about to leave the consultation room, my third sister told the MO that I was a Leukaemia patient who underwent a bone marrow transplant.

The MO changed his mind after knowing that I was a Leukaemia patient. He cancelled the prescription and referred me to Sarikei hospital for admission. He said that I am a high risk group and thus needs to be admitted for observation. I asked him whether the hospital would perform an A(H1N1) screening for me. The answer is negative. They just wanted me to be there for observation.

We were undecided whether to be admitted. We went home first. My sister gave me a traditional massage. The fever subsided, and I had a good rest.

A few hours later, I developed fever again. My eldest sister, Sie Huong, asked Sie Chuo to fetch me to Sibu, staying at my second sister, Sie Kiong’s, house, so that I could be better taken care of.

On the way to Sibu, we went to pharmacy to purchase a 7-day course of Augmentin and cough syrup.

See you next post :-)

No comments: