Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day +330 : The choice of thought

I am fine today.

My mother-in-law told me that our Daihatsu Charade was missing in the early morning. It was true that the car was not at the front porch where we always parked it. My mother-in-law was very nervous; she said that the grill for the front door was wide open and only the wooden door was locked.

My nieces drove it out to see late night movie last night. They were sleeping now. Without waking them up to enquire about the situation, I went for jogging. Applying what I learned from the book “Formula for a perfect life”, I chose to be positive. While I was jogging, I wondered what happened to the car. Could someone steal the car? Very unlikely, because the car is so “老爷”(old). Only very stupid thief would do this. They should steal the Perdana parked next to the Daithasu, and even that, they were still stupid, because the Toyota VIOS next door is a lot more valuable than the old Perdana :-) So my cars should be safe, at least from the clever thief, and I assume that most thieves are clever.

What if a really stupid thief stumbled upon the car? Still, not to be too worried :-) Because that is the only way that will made us to ‘reward’ ourselves with a better car such as the newly released Perodua’s Viva :-) So no matter how bad the situation is, the ending still sound good :-)

This is “the choice of thought” – the very first principle advocated in the book “Formula for a perfect life”.

So now, what happened to the car? The car failed to start due to flattened battery. My niece called in my nephew to help at 1:00am in the morning. My nephew rushed to the scene, bringing along security guards to help. I wonder how he persuaded the security guards to follow him. But no matter how hard they pushed the car, the car won’t start. Finally, they left the car at the car park.

Fortunately, they did not wake me up early in the morning. Next time, if you need help in the midnight, don’t call me, call my nephew :-) He will bring along security guards to help you :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: