Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day +315 : Happy Teacher's Day

I am fine today.

Last night, Daniel and Joseph informed me that today is Teacher’s Day. They wanted to give some presents to their teachers. It was 9:00pm at night, what else can we prepare for the teachers? After discussing with my wife, I rushed to TESCO to buy some chocolates as a gift to their teachers :-)

Joseph brought two of the chocolates back this evening. When I asked him why he didn’t gave them to teachers, he said, “Teacher is lost!” :-) What he meant was that he could not find his teacher.

My wife and the two nieces also receive quite a lot of gifts from students :-)

Nowadays, teachers face a lot of pressure from various parties: headmaster, parents, colleagues and students. They also have to handle a lot of paperworks. The working hour is very long; my wife goes to work at 6:30am and reached home not earlier than 2:30pm everyday. In addition to this, they have to attend extracurricular activies during weekends. Nevertheless, the long holiday that teachers entitled to is truly a benefit :-)

Lastly, I wish all teachers a Happy Teacher’s Day.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

Happy Teacher's day! Thanks for all the things that you tought to me in Esteem and I learn a lot from your blog especially the positive way to handle bad thing.

from
szu kiak

David said...

Dear Szu Kiak,

Nice to see you here and glad to know that you learn something from me :-) In fact, I learn something from you as well. We learn from each other.

David